Friday, April 25, 2014

"I love you more than the beautiful sun."

Project 365 * 4
Day 480

     I was reading books to Adelyn before bed when she started one of her favorite games with me. The, "I love you more than," game. It went a little something like this:

Adelyn: I love you more than the tallest giraffe.
Me: I love you more than cake and ice cream.
Adelyn: I love you more than the beautiful sun.
Me: I love you more than a beautiful sunset.
Adelyn: I love you more than cookies.
Me: I love you more than red leaves in October.
Adelyn: I love you more than the beach.

     I love seeing my children express their love for me. It's the warmest, most cozy love ever. Tobin has been saying, "Ma," and, "Mama," all day and reaching for me. And when I pick him up, he hugs me for a really long time. And anytime I want a kiss from him, I just ask, and he gives me one. He always makes this noise first: mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Adelyn says, "I love you," a million times a day. Having children to love is such a gift. But being loved back by those children is like something I can't even describe.

     Thankful for children to love. Thankful for children who love me back. Thankful for so many hugs and kisses and declarations of love today. The love that Adelyn and Tobin show me keeps my heart full, warm, and cozy.



No comments:

Post a Comment