Sunday, April 20, 2014

Gifts. Uncle Todd. Easter Sunday.

Project 365 * 4
Day 475

52 Kind Things

     We were invited to a birthday party today, but we weren't able to make it because we had plans with family for Easter. But even when we aren't able to go to a birthday party, I still like to get a little something to give to the birthday girl or boy. It made me really happy today that Addy and I could walk up to her friend's house, knock on the door, and hand off a birthday present. I love giving gifts. Addy does too. Glad we could give a gift to someone today. I also did some more trash pick-up this week. It's actually insane and sick how much trash I pick up around my neighborhood. Patty helped me, and we actually decided this week that whenever we go walking, we should just bring a plastic bag and some gloves to pick up any trash that we might find along the way.

52 People I Love

     This week, I was struggling to pick who I would write about. But just like the opportunity for me to be kind every week comes, there is always something that happens, or some memory that pops up, that shows me who I'm to write about each week when it comes to the people that I love. This week, I'm writing about my uncle. Uncle Todd. My mom's brother. He's actually my Godfather. He and his wife, Sue, were supposed to join us for Easter dinner today. But something came up, and they weren't able to come. Everyone had something they were to bring to dinner. Uncle Todd and Sue were going to bring rolls. And even though they couldn't make it, he still went out, purchased rolls for us, and sent them along with my grandparents for our dinner. I just thought that was the nicest thing. Very thoughtful and kind. Those rolls were the thing that showed me who I was to write about tonight. My uncle is a really fun person. He loves to dance. And at every family get together, he can always be seen dancing at one point or another. He works really hard for his family. He always has. He is a devoted dad, and a loving and sweet grandpa. He has a great laugh. And whenever I think about him, I think about his specialty: chinese chicken wings. Whenever we had big family dinners, that's what he always made. And everyone in the family would go crazy over them. I feel like he made them by the hundreds. Above all, I love him because he is a good man, he loves his family, and he has a very kind and giving heart. So thankful to have such a good man to call my uncle.

     Thankful for a very fine day. We had brunch in the morning with Sue, Steph, and Mario. Brunch is the best. There is nothing better than the smell of bacon and sausage and eggs and hash browns and bagels cooking in the late morning. And coffee and orange juice. We also had lots of sweets thanks to Sue. She loves to bring candy to everyone. We should just start calling her Willy Wonka! Then my parents, my grandparents, Shane, and Patty, AJ, and the kids came over for dinner. It was awesome. Brisket, ham, mac and cheese, toasted quinoa, salad, deviled eggs, pickled eggs...oh and cake, cookie bars, and ice cream for dessert. We spent lots of time outside. Walking. Picking flowers. Talking. It was such a lovely Sunday. It was loud and crazy, but it was good. Thankful for a wonderful day spent with family. Thankful for a great Easter.





No comments:

Post a Comment