Friday, April 18, 2014

You don't have to teach people to sing in the shower.

Project 365 * 4
Day 473

     What is it about belting out your favorite song in the shower or in the car that just makes you feel good? I was doing my hair this morning while Addy was standing in the shower singing. She likes to get in the shower after me to, "stand in the water and get warm." She was quiet for a few minutes, and then it started. The Frozen songs. One after the other. It struck me that no one has to teach a person to sing in the shower. Same with singing in the car. The car is one of my favorite places to sing. I love to turn the music all the way up, and sing at the top of my lungs. I never care who might be watching. I just sing because it feels good to sing. And honestly, after our day...

     ...We went to the zoo. It was sort of fun. But sort of not fun. We sat in horrible traffic going there. And when we got there, the parking lot was full. So we had to find parking on the street. With our big ass Excursion. Not easy at all. So after sitting in their car seats for two hours, we stuck our kids in the stroller, because literally, everyone and their mother, was at the zoo today. We saw like five animals. We ate lunch. And we went on a train ride. The kids really loved that. The highlight of our trip was hearing the lions roar. I've never heard lions roar before in real life, and it was spectacular. I couldn't imagine how amazing it would be to hear them roar in the wild. And maybe that's why I really don't even like the zoo. I feel bad for the animals. Stuck in a tiny pavement enclosure with millions of screaming people banging on the glass. Doesn't seem like a very enjoyable life. Anyways, we sat in horrible traffic going back home, after getting lost in DC of course. Matt and I cannot travel into DC without getting horribly lost. We just aren't city folk. Not at all. It was a long day to say the least. And we thought the kids would have so much fun, but they really ended up strapped into a car seat or stroller the whole time, so... I don't think we'll be going back to the zoo for a while...

     ...It just felt so damn good to drive, in the dark, with the music turned all the way up, and sing.

     Thankful for songs sung in the shower. Thankful for songs sung in the car. Thankful for the joy it brings a person.



No comments:

Post a Comment