Saturday, April 12, 2014

Blueberries. Pam.

Project 365 * 4
Day 467

52 Kind Things

     I was shopping at Trader Joe's earlier this week with Tobin when I saw the opportunity to do something kind. Another woman was shopping not far from us with two little boys. And she was pregnant. She was picking out blueberries when her son decided he wanted to help her pick some out too. He picked up a large container, and then dropped it. Blueberries flew everywhere. She scolded her son a bit...nothing too harsh. Just a little something like...oh no, sweetie, please don't touch things. Then she bent down to begin the very hard task of picking up two pounds of blueberries off the grocery store floor. So I went over to help. I'm a complete germaphobe, so crawling around on the floor of a public place is not something I want to do. But I wanted to help that woman more than I wanted to keep my hands from germs. As we finished, I assured her it was no big deal. She was thanking me over and over. I just told her that I had two little troublemakers of my own, and that I had been there before. Cleaning up some mess that my kid had made. Honestly, I was just thankful for the opportunity to do something kind.

52 People I Love

     I call her so many different names. Lauren. Pubby. Pub. Pam Salminilla. Actually, I call her Pam so much more than I call her Lauren, that when I go to type her name in on Facebook or my phone, I always type Pam. At first I'm like...what? Why isn't she coming up. Then I realize. Her name isn't Pam. That's just what I call her. No matter what her name is, she is amazing. My cousin, Lauren. I love her so much. Before we had kids, she would come stay with me sometimes. And we always had the best time together. I miss our week long sleepovers. They would be filled with movie or show marathons. Lots of junk food. And lots of laughter. The thing I love most about Lauren is that she loves to be silly and have fun. She is full of life. She's loyal. She's loving. And she's so funny. One of my favorite memories with Lauren is the night we pulled a prank on my parents. I was married, living in Lorton, and she had come to visit. We decided to dress up really weird, and collect as many signs from the side of the road as we could. After we collected like 30 signs, we drove to my parent's house, and stuck them all in their front yard. We were flawless. I mean, really. We were so quiet and stealthy. We didn't make a peep until we drove away.

     I'm so thankful to have a cousin to call my friend and family. I'm so thankful for Lauren Pam. I'm thankful we can talk about anything, anytime. I'm just thankful to know her. She's that awesome.




Honestly, this picture doesn't do it justice. It was a thing of beauty!


   
     Tonight, I'm thankful for a very good day. I'm thankful for all the people that love me, and that helped me celebrate my birthday today. I'm thankful for so many wonderful people to call family and friends. I'm thankful that Casey boy is okay. He ran into the tv stand tonight and had to get a couple of stitches. Thankful for all my wonderful birthday gifts. Thankful for an awesome party. Thankful for a delicious cake. Thankful for so many things to be thankful for!

Checking out some cool animals at Earth Day in Haymarket today. 


I touched this snake. Me. I did. I. touched. this. snake. I'm pretty proud about it. Adelyn and Matt touched it too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment