Thursday, April 3, 2014

Can I just tell you how awesome my day was?

Project 365 * 4
Day 458

     Matt's mom, Sue, surprised me with a day of awesomeness for my upcoming birthday. We spent the entire day out doing things for me. Here's what we did:

1. The day started off with a latte for me, and a coffee for Sue.

2. First stop: I got a manicure and pedicure. I was going to go with my absolute favorite nail color, pale pink. But Sue talked me into a bright red instead. She said it would just make my nails pop. And she was right. I love, love, love having my nails done. One of my favorite things ever. 

3. Then we went to lunch. The best little place for lunch in Alexandria. Bittersweet. Can I just take a minute to say, because I've been gluten free, and dieting, (my meals have consisted mainly of protein shakes, water, and salads) that my turkey blt with fresh avocado tasted like a little piece of heaven.

4. Then I got my hair highlighted and cut. This is the honest truth: I have felt dumpy and ugly for so long because of my hair. I hate having long hair. I feel drab and weighed down by it. I literally feel 100 pounds lighter. I feel pretty again. I feel like a woman again. I'm just a short hair girl. There's no getting around it. It's really funny...the shorter my hair is, the more feminine and sexy I feel. So, why have I tortured myself for so long with long hair?!? Why?!

5. Then we went to Toys'R'Us to pick up a few things I needed for the kids. Even if they're out of sight, they're never far from my mind. Never. I missed them so much today.

6. Then we went to Old Navy. And Sue bought me some new clothes. This pretty little dress, and cute summer sweater, and another cute skirt.

7. Then we got dinner. Burgers, fries, and milkshakes.

     Seriously, I feel like a million bucks. I feel like a woman again. I feel incredible. This was the most awesome day. Sue blessed me beyond words. And she didn't do anything for herself today. She just came along with me, talked with me, and then paid for everything. It was the best present. So incredibly thankful for Sue. So thankful for her kind and generous heart. Thankful that I got to spend a day away doing fun girly things. It has way too long since I've done that. This was the best day.



No comments:

Post a Comment