Thursday, April 24, 2014

I fell in love with a turkey today.

Project 365 * 4
Day 479

     Tobin and I went to Burnside Farms this morning. It was so lovely. So much beauty to take in. So much good food for the eyes. It was cool and windy and perfect. And all the animals were out enjoying the day as well. Even some baby ducks and chicks. I love baby ducks. They are the cutest. I just want to scoop them up and run away with them. And the flowers? Just amazing.
























I wonder if the ship carrying the tulip bulbs over from Holland was attacked by pirates?! :)


   
     But the highlight for me was the turkey. He was amazing. I could have watched him all day. His feathers were incredible. And his face was so colorful and mesmerizing. His eyes were my favorite, though. And because I was so intrigued with his eyes, I started really looking at the eyes of all the other animals too. And I realized how beautiful each animal really is. Even the pigs. Their eyelashes are so wispy. I think it wasn't just beauty I saw in their eyes, I think it was also innocence. In every sense of the word. And seeing that innocence, seeing how trusting they have to be to let human beings take care of them, it just made me thankful for animals. We can learn so much from watching them.














Sleepy baby duck. 



     Thankful for the best morning with my sweet Tobin boy. Thankful for brilliant flowers. Thankful for the bright blue sky. Thankful for the cool breeze. Thankful for baby ducks. Thankful for the turkey. Thankful for pigs. And their wispy lashes. Thankful for beautiful places. Thankful for sweet animals. And what they have to teach us. Thankful for time spent with my little darling boy. I love going places with him. I always feel so proud walking around with him on my hip. 

Miss Addy B was real excited to represent today!



No comments:

Post a Comment