Saturday, July 7, 2012

80. "Don't worry, Mama."

Day 80. "Don't worry, Mama."

     These were the words spoken to me tonight by my almost 2 year old. We were doing some coloring and stickering after dinner, and she looked up at me, put her hand on my cheek, and said, "don't worry, Mama." This is profound because, my mind had just started to wander. We were coloring, and I started to worry. Her response was immediate.

     I'm convinced that my Adelyn is wise beyond her age. It wasn't a few weeks ago or so...that she said the same thing to Tobin. "Don't worry, baby." Her words renew my faith. When you're floating on your back so often and for so long in a dark ocean...words like hers are a lighthouse.

     Thankful that Adelyn has been and continues to be my lighthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment