Sunday, July 1, 2012

74. Determination

Day 74. Determination

     I wish I could have the determination that Adelyn has. She knows what she wants. And she finds a way to get it. Tonight, after changing a very wet diaper at around 9:45pm (I thought maybe that was the reason she was still awake...usually, she's asleep by 7:30pm!), Addy found two toys she wanted to take back to bed with her. I told her no. She didn't like that very much. About 10 minutes later, Shane said it sounded like one of the kids was up and walking around. (We have a full house. My parents are still without power, and Patty and A.J.'s air conditioner is broken.) Matt and I went to check, and there she was. Walking around her room. With the two toys I told her she couldn't have. How in the world she climbed out of her crib without making a loud thump is beyond me. It was as if she she knew the noise would alert us to her being up.

     I wish I could be that determined. Thankful I have miss Addy B to show me how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment