Thursday, July 12, 2012

85. Gifts

Day 85. Gifts

     I think gifts are such a good way to tell someone you love them. I love getting gifts. It makes me feel so special. I have gifts from special people that I could never part with. Gifts like a 15 year old or so tin of Bert's Bees lip balm my Dad gave me. A card one of my students gave me drawn in pencil on white copier paper. My orange jean jacket. Got it for my 16th birthday from my parents. Best jacket ever.

     Adelyn has inherited the gift loving trait from me. She loves gifts. And any gift she gets is very special to her. So special that she has to carry it everywhere she goes for a few days...or even a few weeks after getting it.

     Today, Addy got some gifts from her Omi. And she had to hold them all on the way home. She held her baby, a teddy, a bubble wand, some stickers, and some playdough tools. When I looked back at her, all you could see was her head, and her legs. The rest was treasure and gifts.

     I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment