Tuesday, July 10, 2012

83. An instance of unconditional love.

Day 83. An instance of unconditional love.

     Let's call the dog: E. Let's call the owner: J. Because of the nature of this instance of unconditional love...I'm not sure if using actual names is the right thing to do.

     E was a very sweet boy. Very loud. And misunderstood. That's what J always said. Many people were afraid of him. I never was, for some reason. I felt that E and I had an understanding: I came in the door. He barked very loudly. And when he barked, his front feet would lift off the floor. I went directly to the dog biscuit container, and proceeded to give him as many biscuits as it would take him to calm down. E, of course, loved me.

     E loved J as well. He really was a cool dog. He was just misunderstood. However, E had some anger issues. E lashed out in anger on more than one occasion at J. E actually bit J twice that I know about. Once, E bit J's hands. He needed stitches, and got a nasty infection. It was a big ordeal! The other instance I know about is when E bit J in the scrotum. Yes. You read that right.

     So, here is what has always struck me about the relationship between E and J. E bit J in the hands and the scrotum. Yet, J still deeply loved E. I don't know what else to say about it, except that it has always stuck out in my mind. I always think about what an amazing picture of unconditional love it is. It is the very definition of unconditional love. J loved E. No conditions. Didn't matter that he attacked him. J loved him. I think it's pretty amazing.

     Thankful that unconditional love exists. Love without condition. It's a beautiful thing. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment