Tuesday, July 3, 2012

76. Joy

Day 76. Joy

     After dinner tonight, we all (Patty, Casey, Matt, Omi, Addy, and myself) decided to go to Sweet Frog for a treat. I need to capture Adelyn's "excitement" expression on video. It is priceless. She opens her mouth very wide in an O shape while smiling. Her eyes are full of spark and wonder. As I was getting her out of her carseat, she made her excited face. She decided to bring her baby, a pink spatula from her kitchen, and a little train car she has named, Carmine. Carmine is a race car from an episode of The Little Einsteins. She had to carry all three treasures with her. As we were walking in, she spotted Casey, Patty, and my Mom walking up from another parking spot. She yelled out, "Casey! Tante! Omi! Come on, guys! Let's go!" We walked in, and her favorite song was playing. Rihanna's "We found love." And she started dancing.

     It dawned on me right then how full of joy she is. Everything is an adventure to her. She loves to dance, and sing. She loves to go on little trips and outings with us. Even wagon walks are special to her. She smiled a very sweet smile at Matt and I this morning on our walk. For no reason. Looked up at us, and smiled. Those are my favorite smiles. She is so full of life. And love. She is so so so amazing. I am constantly in awe of the little life we are blessed with. God knows how much we need her.

     Thankful for the joy that my daughter exudes on daily basis. It is infectious.

No comments:

Post a Comment