Friday, July 27, 2012

100. Day 100.

100. Day 100.

     This is not a cop out. I cannot believe I made it to Day 100. At the beginning of this journey, 100 seemed like a lifetime away. I was in such a strange place then. I have learned so much from writing these past 100 days. I am so much stronger than I was at the start. I still have moments of weakness. I still fall short of the woman I want to be. But, wow...what a journey.

     I have learned how to better fight my battles. How to better quiet the voices of obsessive-compulsive thoughts, fears, and doubts. I have learned that having faith is just as hard as being fearful. In fact, maybe even harder. At least with fear and doubt, a resolution can almost always be found. And even if that resolution is a scary one, you deal with it. You learn to cope with it. But faith. Just floating in a black ocean...that is scary. There is nothing else to do, but float. Have faith. Sometimes, there isn't an answer. The only answer is faith. That's it. And that's all.

     Some days when I'm losing the battle, I go back and read my 100 days. And always, I am almost instantly on top of world again. To read 100 days of blessings, things that make me smile, bits of my life, things I don't deserve...it's amazing. It is simply: amazing. I am very blessed. And I don't deserve it.

     I am so proud of myself. Thank you to those of you who read, and followed me on this journey. I hope that in some way, my 100 days were able to bless you. Or lighten your spirit one dark day. It was a long, hard road for me. But, on this day, day 100, I am pleased to say that I am so very thankful for the long, hard road. It changed my life. Truly.

     The next 100 days? Bring it on. I'm ready.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Christen! What an inspiration you have been to me, thank you for alllowing God to use you in this. Who knows, perhaps I may take this challenge, it would be good for me with all that has happened this year.
    Love you dearly!

    ReplyDelete