Friday, July 13, 2012

86. There's no place else I'd rather be...

Day 86. There's no place else I'd rather be...

     Today was interesting. But, not in a bad way. Just...a new kind of adventure. I decided that it would be a fun project for Adelyn and I to make homemade play-dough together. It started innocently enough. We went to the store together. The whole way over to the store, we talked about buying the ingredients, and mixing them up, making the dough, playing with it... The first ingredient on my list was cream of tartar. I picked it up, and handed it to Addy for her to hold. She was carrying a purple purse filled with treasures, and her baby, so she had one free hand. As I bent down to get the salt I needed, she decided it would be great fun to run away as fast as she could. Of course, I caught her in all of 2 seconds. I talked to her, and told her she needed to stay by me. She replied with, "sowry, Mama." Not one minute later, she tried to run away again. So, I had to take the cream of tartar away, and that started the tantrum. I was that person. Walking through the store with their kid crying their loudest pterodactyl cry. Complete with the stomping of the feet. And the screaming of the word, "NOOOOOOOOOO!" People were staring of course.

     As she was screaming, and people were staring...I thought to myself--honestly--,"there is no place else I'd rather be right now than walking in this store with my screaming child." Honest to God truth. I love where I'm at in life. I love being a Mama. Best thing ever. It took me forever to get pregnant with her. We almost lost her at birth. We've had one miscarriage. We've lost a child. We know what it is to be grateful for what we have. And I don't mean for that to seem like I'm bragging. I just mean that...I so appreciate every step. Every second. Every memory. Every milestone. Every rite of passage. Even those that include getting stared at in the store because your child is screaming their head off.

     Honestly, there is no place else I'd rather be. So, so, so thankful. For the many blessings in my life that I don't deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment