Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Tobin's Laugh

Project 365 * 2 --Day 2

Tobin's Laugh

     I was having a bad day today. Matt and I had been snippy with each other, I had a list of a zillion projects I wanted to get done, and none of them got done. In fact...it was a pretty unproductive day. I hate feeling unproductive. I was feeling very uptight by Tobin's bath time, and as I undressed him, lost in thought about the things I had not accomplished today, he started smiling at me. Big smiles. Huge, gummy smiles. Oh. I love Tobin's smile. It made me feel better, instantly. And then he started laughing. I was smiling back at him, and talking with him, tickling him a bit...and he laughed. It was a sweet and precious moment. Today is the first time I've heard him laugh.

     Unproductive? I made my sweet boy laugh for the first time tonight. That's really all the productivity I need for one day.


Tobin just waking up from a breastmilk induced nap.

Adelyn on her new bike! First time riding it outside, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment