Sunday, January 20, 2013

Make-Believe and Laughter

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 20

     Adelyn is about two and a half, now. The perfect age for playing all things make-believe. It is so much fun. Her favorite make-believe game is playing puppies. We crawl around on the floor, barking, panting, crying. It's great fun. She also likes to play Doc McStuffins. Translation: she likes to pretend she's a doctor. So when you combine the two as we did today, it's gold. First, we played puppies. Then, we played Doc McStuffins while playing puppies. I took the stethoscope, and listened to her puppy heart. And right when I put it over her heart, I made this loud barking noise. She thought it was hilarious. She was laughing so hard. It is so great to watch a two year old laugh. I mean, a deep, hard belly laugh. It's contagious. Tobin thought it was pretty funny, too. He has started laughing all the time now. I pretend to sneeze, he laughs. I make a silly sound, he laughs. He was laughing at his Opa big time, yesterday. And when children laugh, you can't help but smile and laugh right along with them.

     I'm thankful for my children's laughter. It brings such joy to my heart. And I'm thankful for all the games of make-believe. They make me feel like a child again. And if you think about it, if everyone took a little time out during the day to crawl around on the floor like a puppy, and if everyone took a little time out to laugh--a deep, hard belly laugh--this world would be a much happier place.















No comments:

Post a Comment