Monday, January 28, 2013

Unless...

Project 365 *2 -- Day 28

     Adelyn's new favorite book is, The Lorax. We read it every night. She fell in love with the movie, and now she loves the book just as much. I love that she loves it. Two reasons. Number one, Dr. Suess was a genius. There is such depth and truth in his stories disguised as wild, imaginative fun. Love that she loves his books. Number two, I love that she cares about trees. I worry sometimes about what state this world will be in when my children are adults. And when my children have children of their own. The message of, The Lorax, is a very important one.

     Tonight, after we read, I asked her if she wanted to plant a tree or some plants or flowers. I was saying, "we can go get some dirt, and plant some little plants," when she interrupted me. She said, "I want to plant a seed." Couldn't quite understand her at first, but she pressed on. She continued saying, "I want to plant a seed of a Truffula," until I understood. Made me so proud.

     "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
     nothing is going to get better.
     It's not."

    I always point to Addy when I read that line in the story. "Unless someone like YOU..." I'm so beyond proud and thankful that she cares. And she wants to plant a Truffula tree. Which in my opinion is one of the prettiest trees you can plant. :)

First time in the Exersaucer that he actually enjoyed!

Captured Casey boy mid-sneeze.

Adelyn being silly. Please note the Christmas dress she insisted on wearing today. And the Rapunzel dress on top of that which she also insisted on wearing.

More smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment