Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Adelyn's Words. Tobin's Sounds.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 23

     I love to listen to Adelyn talk. She has so much to say, and all she wants is for someone to listen. She loves to talk. All the time. We talk about everything. She loves to tell secrets. She comes up and says, "Mama, wan tell you a srecret." And she'll whisper in my ear, "you're pretty," or, "I love you." Those are the best kind of secrets to hear. I decided at breakfast today to write down all the funny things she said throughout the day:

1. I had washed her placemat the night before, and it was sitting propped up on the counter. She saw it, and yelled out, "OH NO, my treasure map!"

2. We were watching Lady and the Tramp today, and there was a caterpillar crawling on a branch during one part. She said, "Ewww, an alligator!" Also, she thought the Tramp was a reindeer. "Look, a reindeer!"

3. She told me she wanted to do the, "moon jump." She was talking about her moon bounce. When she was done jumping she got out and told me she was done. Also, that she was afraid of the robot. She was talking about the motor that continuously blows air into the moon bounce. She ran over to me and said, "Mama, I'm scared!" "What are you scared of, Adelyn?" Pointing, and with a solemn look on her face, "the robot."

4. Adelyn missed Matt like crazy today. She wouldn't let me close the blinds tonight because she was literally standing at the window watching for him. The last time I attempted to close the blinds, she screamed out, "NO, my Dada come home!"

     Tobin has the sweetest voice. And he uses it to make the sweetest coos. Even his cry is so sweet. It isn't one of the those ear-piercing cries that makes you want to put your fingers in your ears. When he's sad or lonely, his cry just sounds sad and lonely and sweet. When he's really hungry, he makes this really funny noise. "Ahhh." As if to say, yes, yes, hurry! I'm hungry! And the sound he makes when he smiles. Oh man. Sweet as sugar. It will only be a few short months until he's talking. I'm certain his first word will be: milk. :)

     Thankful for the sweet sound of my children's voices.









Addy said to Roxy, "I like your ears."

Then she looked inside and said, "Eww!"


Playing Doc McStuffins

Checking my heartbeat.



No comments:

Post a Comment