Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dinosaur Boy

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 12

     When my brother, Shane, was a baby, he had this stuffed dinosaur that made the funniest noise when you squeezed it. A strange, high-pitched, scream like squeal. When Tobin was first born, we were over at my parents house, and my Mom brought out the dinosaur. We took turns squeezing it, and laughing at the hilarious noise it makes.

     When Tobin was a newborn, he cried like the dinosaur squealed. It was the funniest cry ever! I'm so sad he doesn't do it anymore. And I'm sad I never got it on video. But, I guess, when your newborn baby is crying, the last thing you do is go grab the video camera, right? Anyways, we got to calling him, "dinosaur boy," because of his cry. He, literally, sounded just like the toy dinosaur. And the name stuck. So much, in fact, that Addy upon hearing Tobin cry in his chair tonight said, "ohhhh, it's okay, dinosaur boy." Matt figured it out. She was calling him dinosaur boy.

     Made me feel all warm and cozy inside. Adelyn, calling Tobin by a pet name already. Thankful for these sweet family moments. So thankful. It was a good day. Thankful for sweet, happy days.

A beautiful tree we saw on our walk today.

Adelyn wanted to help me walk Roxy, and get the mail, so she had to get her baby ready, too!


Keeping baby warm.


My blue-eyed baby boy. :)




Flowers for Mama from Matt.

Tobin has a bubble on his chin. Cutie.

Matt had never seen what happens to a gummy bear when you leave it in water. So, we did a little science experiment. Addy sure enjoyed it.














No comments:

Post a Comment