Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions and Projects. Sophia.

Resolutions and Projects

     2013. Wow.

     When I was in school, I never thought of the new year as January 1st. For me, the new year was whenever school started. To me, September was the start of the new year. Not January. Maybe that is why this new year really has seemed to inspire me more than any new year ever really has. Because I'm not in school. I'm a stay at home mama. And sometimes the days and weeks seem to mesh together without any real definition between them. I keep thinking about the phrase, new year. Blank slate. Another year's worth of time on which to write your life. Pretty exciting.

     2012 was good to us. Our sweet son, Tobin Solomon, was born. He is the most amazing, sweet, handsome, smiley, bundle of joy. His smile could melt ice. I say that about Adelyn, too. I have the most beautiful children. I'm so very, very blessed.

     I've been thinking about resolutions for some time now. And I've narrowed them down to these:

1. I want to be more nurturing when someone I love is sick. I am a complete germaphobe. So when someone is sick, I am not the most nurturing, kind, or patient person to be around. And I feel really bad about that. Especially when my family is sick. When my loved ones are sick, instead of being kind and loving, and helping them, I act like they have the black plague. For real. It makes me sad that I act that way. So, this year, if someone is sick, I am going to be kind, and loving, and nurturing. And patient. Especially with snotty noses. I despise snotty noses. But, not this year. This year, bring on the snot. I will wipe it away with loving kindness.

2. Being thankful for the blessings I have in my life saved me in more ways than I can count. I am a better person, wife, mother, sister, daughter, aunt, and friend when I take time every day to write about the good things. The sweet stuff in life. If you aren't looking for it, those moments slip by. And the amazing thing is this: when you are looking for them...there are so many. More than you can count sometimes. I cannot let this year slip by without recording my blessings. So, for the next 365 days, there will be 365 blog posts. 365 blessings. 365 special moments. 365 posts of thankfulness.

3. Along with my 365 posts of thankfulness will be 365 pictures. Well, I guess more like 730 pictures. I want to take at least one picture a day of both Adelyn and Tobin. I will post their pictures along with my post of thankfulness. What better way to complement my posts of thanksgiving than with pictures of my dear babies. And to be honest...there will probably be way more than 730 pictures. Because Casey and Sophia are like my children too...and if I have pictures of them for that day...I will post those as well. 

4. I want to learn how to knit, or crochet, or make a patchwork quilt. Really, I want to learn to quilt. I want to have something I can give my kids, and my niece and nephew. Something made out of special pieces of their childhood. Something that they can curl up under, and feel safe and protected and loved and cared about. In a perfect world, I would learn how to do all three of these, but if I had to choose one...I want to learn to quilt.

5. I want to learn how to play an instrument. Piano or guitar. I don't have to be a concert pianist or Dave Matthews by the end of 2013, but I at least want to be taking active steps every couple of days towards learning how to play.

     Going to be a pretty busy year. So...


Project 365 * 2 - Day 1

     Sophia. I am thankful for sweet Sophia. She is my new niece. And she is the most amazing, beautiful little girl. I am so thankful she came into this world without any complication. And that my amazing doctor, Dr. Bowers, got to deliver her. How sweet that she delivered both Tobin and Sophia! She's amazing! My sister and I love her. And I am so beyond happy that my sister is home with her new baby girl. Tonight, Patty told me about a sweet moment that happened between Casey and Sophia. Casey was meeting Sophia for the first time today. He looked at her, and said, "I like your flowers." She had flowers on her shirt. How sweet is he? He said something similar to Tobin a few weeks ago. Tobin was wearing a shirt with cars on it, and he leaned over, and said, "I like your cars. Cool cars." Love him. Love Sophia. Love my family so much.


Little bundle of Tobin on our walk today.

Climbing big rocks.

Sophia and Adelyn. Best friends and sisters for life. They just don't know it yet. I'm sure they will be just like me and Patty. Watch out world.

Sweet Sophia


Sophia and Tobin.

Check out Tobin's eyes. He's thinking...she's pretty!

Sweet bundle of Sophia.



1 comment:

  1. I'm attempting a 365 project of my own. We're crazy over-achievers. At least we can cheer each other on :) Congrats on cute, little baby Sophia!

    ReplyDelete