Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Loyal

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 22

     Poor Roxy. I feel like sometimes she is so far down the totem pole that she will never forgive us. When we first brought Adelyn home from the hospital, we knew Roxy was a bit upset. We didn't know how upset until that night. We couldn't find her anywhere, and it was time for bed. Which was odd for Roxy. She is usually ready to hop into bed with us, but on that night, we couldn't find her anywhere. We looked, and finally found her in the guest room. She was sitting on the bed, staring at the wall. She was so upset. We went in to try and comfort her, and coax her out, but she stayed. Staring. Upset. Betrayed. We had left and come back with a new baby.

     She got over it, though. That's the thing about dogs. They are so loyal. The definition of loyal. As I write this, she is sleeping on my feet. I love that she wants to be with us all the time. Matt and I always say how strange it is...if you think about it: we have this animal that lives in the house with us. Sleeps in bed with us. Follows us around. A furry, non-human, creature sharing our living space. An animal that loves us, and thinks that we are the greatest people ever. How strange and awesome at the same time.

     I'm so thankful for Roxy, and all the other dogs I have known throughout my life. They have shown me what it is to be loyal, and to love without condition.

Roxy cuddling with Matt, today.

Adelyn, fast asleep at 6:40pm. It might be a very early morning. :)

This little boy was supposed to be sleeping, but I found him awake. He wanted more milk. :)

     


No comments:

Post a Comment