Friday, January 4, 2013

Family Naps

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 4

Family Naps

     I love taking naps with my kids. It is just so peaceful. This is what we do: I walk Roxy quickly, then we all go upstairs. I change Adelyn's diaper, then Tobin's diaper. Then we all get into bed. Roxy at the foot of the bed. Addy lays on Matt's side. And she watches one episode of Little Bear, while I nurse Tobin. When Tobin is asleep, he goes into his snuggle nest in the middle of the bed. Usually, by the time Tobin is asleep, Little Bear is over. Then I go over to Matt's side of the bed with Addy, and snuggle with her until she's asleep. But to get her to go to sleep, I have to scratch her back. If I stop, she immediately asks me to, "scratch your back!" When she's asleep, I go back over to my side of the bed, and before I take a nap (if I choose to nap that day), I look at my bed. Filled up with sleeping babies and a sweet dog, and seriously, the peace in that room is so real...I feel like I could touch it, or smell it. It is as if the feeling of peace becomes something I can reach out and grab. So thankful for moments like those with my loves.



Sophia was a baker today...see her baker's hat?

Adelyn likes to get really close to the camera.

So does Casey boy.

Sophia says, everything is a-okay!

Don't judge. I know it's January 4th...but our tree is still up, (ugh), and we were doing some Christmas pics...Tobin had had enough by this point! Adelyn was all smiles!



Adelyn trying to shush Tobin.

    

2 comments:

  1. Christen, nap times as you describe them are some of my most precious memories. As I read your post, I remembered a photo I have somewhere of me and 3 or 4 kiddos sleeping together at the beach house one summer. I'm so glad you're soaking this up! You are a wise momma! And I LOVE that you are taking Christmas pics in January! I still haven't sent out our Christmas photo card :) XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! Yeah, our Christmas pics didn't get done in December. It was way too busy! Our yeah, seriously, nap time is one of my favorite times of the day. And not because I'm sleeping. Actually, I'd say about 80 or 90% of the time, I don't sleep. I love it because it is like: tangible peace. Can't quite describe it. The smell of the blankets and sheets. Hearing my babies sleeping. The slightly pinkish hue of our room because our red curtains. Love it.

      Delete