Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Holding Adelyn

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 351

     Adelyn has got herself into some bad sleep patterns. She's up for the day at 4 am. Which means by 1 or 2, she's exhausted. So, she naps. Then, because she naps, she's up at night until 10 or 11 reading books and playing with stuffed animals in her room. It's a vicious cycle. The not so vicious part? For the past three days, after Tobin goes down for his nap, Addy and I cuddle on the couch together under a big blanket. Then I tell her stories until she falls asleep. Usually, it only takes 3 or 4 stories and she's out. Then, I just get to hold her. Which rarely happens. I love it. There's just something about a kid getting older, that makes a mother long to hold them like a baby again. And that's just what I did today. And it made my heart feel full and warm. It made me remember our first days together. And it made my heart ache at how fast she's growing. Like, it actually hurt.

     Thankful for moments like this afternoon. When I get to hold my big girl like she was a baby again. Thankful I get to take care of her. Thankful that she loves me. Thankful I get to spend my days loving her. Thankful I got to spend as much time as I wanted just staring at her today. She's seriously one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment