Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Dog Walking and Vulture Watching and My Parents are the Best.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 335 338

     (It seems that I've made a mistake counting days somewhere along the way here. In my notebook where I keep all my notes about my blog, pictures, stuff like that...I keep track of the days. My notebook tells me that this day is supposed to be day 335. But it is really supposed to be day 338. I haven't missed one day. So, I have mislabeled the days. Part of me, well, really most of me, wants to go back through, and find the mistakes, and correct them. But correcting one day means I have to correct them all. It's 10:25 at this particular moment, and that doesn't seem like a very good time to spend hours correcting the day number on every single blog post. Actually, it's never a good time to do that. So, I just corrected it at the top of this blog post. See above.)

     Shane, Tobin, and I took Duke and Goose walking this morning. It was a pretty one.









     Bird watching is a thing. And a vulture is a bird, right? As we were driving away from Addy and Casey's preschool, I spotted them. Is it weird that I kind of like them? Well, I do. I like their red heads, and their massive wings. And I like the way they always hang out together. There's always a crowd with those guys.





Such rebels. 


     Thankful for pretty walks with my dogs and my baby and my brother. Thankful for trees. I love them. Thankful for pretty tree lined dirt roads. Thankful for vultures. I think they're cool. And I like them. Maybe it's weird, maybe it's gross, but I don't care. They fascinate me.

     But tonight, I'm most thankful for family. I'm thankful for my parents. They've never stopped being my parents. I'm 31, and they still take care of me. Thankful that they love me so much. Thankful that they now not only take care of me, and Patty, and Shane, but also Matt, and AJ, and Adelyn, Casey, Tobin, and Sophia. They are amazing people with such good, kind, caring, and loving hearts. And I feel privileged to be called their daughter. Privileged and blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment