Thursday, December 5, 2013

Someday...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 339

     Tobin is walking. Officially. It's weird because he's been walking forever, only he held onto things. Just a couple of weeks ago, he stopped holding on. And now, he's really walking fast. He's into anything and everything. Seriously. That boy is busy. I can't believe that this time last year, he was my newborn infant. I found a card today that my grandparents gave me after he was born. It says this:

"Someday, he'll be a strong, confidant man...but you'll always remember the first time you held him in your arms. Someday, he'll have his own hopes and dreams, not knowing that once upon a quiet time, you closed your eyes and dreamed to have him in your life."

     And then beneath that, my grandma wrote, "Your dreams came true. What a blessing to have such a handsome baby boy. So many memories to be made. Praise God for our Tobin. Love, hugs, and kisses."

     The Christmas before last Christmas, there only existed the hope for another baby. The dream of another little one to love. Last Christmas, my dream had come true. And this Christmas, he'll be running around with Addy. Opening presents. Eating Christmas cookies. Getting into things and making mischief as he always does.

     The card said, "once upon a quiet time, you closed your eyes and dreamed to have him in your life." It's all true except one thing. It wasn't a quiet time. It was a loud, chaotic, confusing, stormy, dark, scary, and terrifying time. Even after I became pregnant with him, it wasn't quiet. It remained loud, chaotic, confusing, stormy, dark, scary, and terrifying. Only one thing changed. I had hope. The kind of hope that shines a bright light into a stormy darkness. The kind of hope one hangs on to. The kind of hope that stays with you. Once you find it, it doesn't leave you.

     Thankful for Tobin. He was my "someday." He was my hope. He was a bright shining light in the dark. Thankful for his sweet face. Thankful for his infectious smile. Thankful for his hugs. His laughter. His light. Thankful for the life he brings to our family. Thankful that my dream came true.



No comments:

Post a Comment