Monday, December 2, 2013

Whipped Cream

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 333

     It is a whipped cream and ice cream kind of night. Because it was a hectic and stressful kind of day. Whipped cream is the best thing ever. Next to ice cream. When I was working at Starbucks, this guy came in with his kid for hot chocolates. They ordered skim hot chocolates, and whenever anyone would order a drink with skim milk that would normally be topped with whip, I would always ask if they wanted whip or not. Because nine times out of ten, they didn't want it. So, I ask the guy, "would you like whipped cream on your hot chocolates, sir?" He replied, "NO! Whipped cream is fattening and tasteless." Because I was working at Starbucks, I couldn't reply with anything else but a cheery, "alrighty!" What I really wanted to say was, "I feel sorry for you." And I did feel sorry for him. To go through life thinking that whipped cream is fattening and tasteless, and to refuse to drink your hot chocolates with whip on top...well, that's not really living. (Okay, I know whipped cream is fattening, but that's not really the point, is it?)

     Thankful for whipped cream and ice cream on a stressful day. Somehow, really cold, milky sugar makes everything feel better sometimes. And sometimes, you just have to skip your evening run, and eat ice cream in bed instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment