Sunday, December 1, 2013

What'd I tell ya? The year of the sunset...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 332

   














     I wasn't lying. The sunsets have been completely awesome lately. Matt doesn't even question me anymore. I just say something like, "I've got to hurry...I've got to get out there!" And he just knows. He understands. I must go. The sunset calls to me and I must answer. Roxy joined me tonight. We sat on our favorite hill and watched another most glorious sunset. I think dogs know about the beauty and peace of nature. She took a seat before I did, after all. She sat there, nose tilted up sniffing the air, cuddled against me, and we watched together. She's always done this thing where she lifts up her paw for me to hold. When we drive, she holds "hands" with me the whole time. I asked the vet what it could mean, and the vet simply said, "reassurance...the same way you hold someone's hand when you need reassurance, that's what she's doing. She wants to know you're there." Tonight, as we sat there watching a most amazing sunset show, she held her paw up. I put my hand under her paw, and we sat there like that a long time. But, I don't think she needed reassurance. I think she just wanted to ask, "are you seeing this?" And to say, "I'm glad I'm here with you."





     Thankful for yet another amazing show tonight. Thankful to have had such a sweet somebody to watch it with. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment