Sunday, December 8, 2013

Amazing Adelyn

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 342

     I taught Adelyn a couple of weeks ago, that when she's feeling sad or mad about something, that she should talk about all the things that make her happy, and then she won't feel so sad or mad. And she does it. Without me prompting her to do so. Today, she was sad and mad because she didn't want to get a bath. I was distracted with Tobin when I heard Addy speaking these sweet words, "when you're sad or mad, think about things that make you happy, and then you'll feel better." I turned to Addy, and asked her what made her happy. Her answers weren't immediate. I could tell she was really thinking about it. Her first answer was that she is happy when we play games together. My heart melted. Her second answer was that she likes playing, ring-around-the-rosies, with Omi. And that her Omi is so nice to her. And my heart melted a second time.

     So thankful that my girl has learned at such a young age how to battle negative emotions. With thoughts of things that are good and lovely. With thoughts about things that make her smile. It was a proud moment for me. So proud of my sweet daughter. She amazes me. And I'm blessed to call her mine.

Tobin watching the snow. 


Addy was pretending to be Santa. 


Just watching a show with his belly hanging out. No big deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment