Thursday, December 19, 2013

I needed a pink sky tonight...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 353

     Adelyn and Tobin are pretty sick. Ear infections, fevers, coughs, snot...the whole nine yards. It was a tough day. Especially because Tobin and I were up all night last night. And the night before. No lie. We slept from 5:45 am to 7:00 am last "night." That's it. Come dinner time today, I was feeling pretty rough. So, I was really excited when Matt got home in time for me to take Roxy out and catch the sunset. But then stuff happened, and I couldn't make it out in time. I was really disappointed. I needed fresh air, and a big sky, and clouds, and setting sun. About ten minutes later, I was putting shoes away in the closet when florescent pink clouds caught my eye through the window. I literally dropped the shoes, and told Matt, "I have to get out there."

     I didn't have long. But the time I had on my hill was peaceful and quiet. A cool breeze blowing. It was perfect.














     Thankful tonight that I was able to see a beautiful pink sky sunset. I needed it. Thankful to have two sweet babies to take care of all day. Thankful to have snotty noses to wipe. And medicine to give. Thankful to be needed all day long for cuddles and kisses and comfort. It's an incredible feeling to be needed so intensely. So desperately. I remember being sick as a child. Sometimes, the only thing that made me feel better was my mom. Just her. Being near me. Holding me. Touching me. Now that I'm a mother, I pray that I live up to how amazing she was. Thankful for my mom. Thankful she taught me how to love. By loving me. Thankful she taught me how to care for others. By caring for me. Thankful for a quiet home. It means my little loves are sleeping peacefully.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment