Thursday, December 12, 2013

Aren't Preschool Christmas Programs the Best?

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 346

     I've determined that it really doesn't matter much how well rehearsed they are. It doesn't matter much how still they stand. Or if they remember to smile. Or sing. It doesn't even matter what they're wearing. When you attend a preschool Christmas program, it's cuteness overload. Sweetness overload. Adorable overload. Sweet little voices. Adorable little fidgety hands. Tiny fingers. Little feet. Precious little faces anxiously scanning the crowd until they find their families. And my favorite? The look of absolute satisfaction and pride and accomplishment when they finish singing a 30 second song about Christmas. It's the best.

     Thankful. So very thankful for little children. They possess such great amounts of life and love. If anyone wants to know how to truly love someone, turn to a child. If anyone wants to know how to truly live each day, turn to a child. They love with everything in them. They don't know how to hate. They live each day as if it is an adventure. And it is. I had forgotten those things until Adelyn and Tobin came along. Before I had them, I thought I was living life. Turns out, I was wasting my life. Drinking. Partying. Doing things I never should have done. Doing things no person should ever do. And then came Casey, and Adelyn, and River, and Tobin, and Sophia. Five little lives that taught me more about life in the few short years they've been around, than over thirty years of living has taught me. Thankful.

A pop at 9 am. Bad parenting or genius parenting? Well, considering that Tobin was a little monster that would NOT be quiet or sit still without it, and considering the fact that that particular pop is a YummyEarth pop, which contains no artificial color, no artificial flavor, is gluten free, organic, AND contains a daily dose of vitamin C? Genius parenting. It was basically a really tasty pacifier with vitamin C, and some sugar. Oh sugar. Saving parents everywhere.

















No comments:

Post a Comment