Sunday, December 15, 2013

Eating cookies with my favorite people.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 349

     We had a lovely family Sunday. It was so, so good to spend the day with family. We had a lovely dinner together. But my favorite part of the whole night was dessert. My parents got some gluten free cookies from Trader Joe's. And the kids know that when their grandparents are there, they can get away with having more than one cookie. To be honest, I'm not sure how many cookies each kid ate. More than two...less than five? Not sure. But there has to be those special times in a kid's life. Times like tonight. When our kids got the go ahead to eat as many cookies as their little hearts desired. I mean, it is the Christmas season after all. :)

     Thankful, so, so, so, thankful for my family. I would be so lonely and lost and alone with them. I crave time with them just as a kid craves cookies. I can't get enough. Thankful for a day spent with the ones I love. Thankful for times just like we had today. Everyone just sitting around. Talking, laughing, and eating cookies. Today was a "good old days," day.












   

No comments:

Post a Comment