Friday, December 13, 2013

The gift outside my window.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 347

     Today was hard. Beyond hard. When I looked at myself in the mirror at lunch, I actually said, "yikes." This evening, as I was getting ready to take Roxy out, something else caught my eye. The sunset. It beckoned to me. It literally felt like, on this very hard day, there was this miraculous gift of the sunset. Just for me. I keep wondering how long I will have my favorite hill for watching the sunset all to myself. I keep thinking one of these days it will be bombarded with people trying to capture their own pictures of the sunset. But night after night, I'm alone on my hill. Then I started to wonder whether it really is the year of the sunset, or if I've just been overlooking them all these many years. I'm ashamed to say I think it's the latter.





















 
     Thankful for the gift outside my window. Thankful for the beautiful sunset on this very hard day. It made me feel human again. And another thing about sunsets? They signal the end of the day. My hard day is over. And tomorrow is a fresh new one. Thankful for new days.




No comments:

Post a Comment