Tuesday, December 24, 2013

I have a lot to say for 2:24 am. Merry Christmas!

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 358

     Merry Christmas! Matt and I just finished wrapping gifts. We're pretty tired. I know in the future, we will NOT be putting off wrapping until Christmas Eve. So, because it's almost 3 o'clock in the morning, I'm going to list the things that made me happy today.

1. Today was a lovely day spent at home with our little family. It was cold and windy outside. And that made it feel even warmer and cozier inside.

2. The sunset was absolutely incredible tonight. I love my hill so much. It's the perfect place for watching the best show on earth.

3. We all napped today. I love naps.

4. Steph and Mario came over. We had dinner, and then played our favorite game, Apples to Apples. Matt won one game. And I won three! Yeah...I'm pretty good. After the game, Matt and I got to open presents. We were seriously blessed. We both received some of the most thoughtful gifts ever.

5. The best part of my presents was the little cards attached. Each one said something different.

-To Christen. Because you have such a warm heart.
-To Christen. Because you are exuberant.
-To Christen. Because you are powerful.
-To Christen. Because you are bright.
-To Christen. Because you are fearless, and beautiful.
-To Christen. Because you are unique.
-To Christen. Because you are confident.
-To Christen. Because you are calm and easy going. (Maybe she was just trying to be nice with this one) :)
-To Christen. Because you are so thoughtful...

6. Opening my gifts from Matt. He is literally the best husband in the world. I know that's something that every woman says about their husband. But the truth is, my husband is truly, the best.

7. Wrapping gifts for our little ones. We can't wait to see their faces tomorrow morning.


     So thankful for a sweet Christmas Eve at home. Thankful for an amazing sunset. Thankful for time spent with those I love dearly. Thankful for amazing and thoughtful presents. Thankful that tomorrow is Christmas. And I get to spend it with all my favorite people in the whole wide world.




















No comments:

Post a Comment