Thursday, May 22, 2014

Holding Tobin.

Project 365 * 4
Day 507

     I'm not going to lie... At first, when I heard his cries, I was put out. I had a lot to do. I still have a lot to do. But when I went up to hold Tobin for the third time since I put him to bed tonight, I put my to do list out of my mind. I sat with Tobin. I held him. I rocked him. I tickled his sweet face. He fell asleep in my arms, and it made me feel two ways. One, it made me miss the days when he was a baby. He fell asleep in my arms multiple times a day. And two, it made me realize that there is no to do list more important than being there for my children when they need me. Tonight, for whatever reason, Tobin needed some extra snuggles. And that is perfectly okay with me.

     Thankful for Tobin. Thankful for the extra time to hold him, and hug him, and kiss his little cheeks. Thankful for the extra time to do nothing but stare at his face. It's perfect.





No comments:

Post a Comment