Sunday, May 25, 2014

"I really like power washing."

Project 365 * 4
Day 510

52 Kind Things

     I'm not really sure if this counts as something kind because my parents do so many incredibly nice and generous things for us, but today, my sister and I power washed my parent's deck and patio. And a few other things. I'm also not sure if this counts as something kind because power washing is so fun. It's like, strangely satisfying. After each project was done, one of us would say, "man, I really like power washing!"

52 People I Love

     I know I've written about her before in my, 52 People I Love. But I love my mom so much. Honestly, she's incredible. She teaches me more and more as the years go on, and I'm always amazed at her ability to work so tirelessly for those she loves. Her preschool students included. She's always there for me when I need her. She's happy when I'm happy. She's sad when I'm sad. She lets me be myself. And she always has. I love that I can call her mama, and best friend. I love that she loves to have fun. She loves to laugh. The thing I love most about her is this: she makes everything better. She is the living embodiment of the word, home. Her presence brings me comfort and peace. I'd be so lost and lonely without her. So thankful for my mom. Thankful that she's the kind of mom that never stops being a mom. Thankful that we are so close. Thankful I can call her mom and best friend.

     Thankful for a day spent outside. Thankful for my family. Thankful for the opportunity to help my parents. They do so much for me, so it felt nice to do something for them. Thankful for my mama. She's the best. Literally. I feel bad for all the people out there who don't know her.



No comments:

Post a Comment