Thursday, May 1, 2014

Mom and Me Tea

Project 365 * 4
Day 486

     Tonight, Adelyn and I had a special date. We went to a, "Mom and Me Tea," at her preschool. She was so excited about it. She picked out her outfit. A flowery dress paired with pink cowgirl boots. She also brought a purse filled with little treasures like coasters, game pieces, puzzle pieces, a little music maker she pretends is a phone...looking through her purse made me smile. It was a special day for us. But not so much for my Tobin boy. Since Matt is working 24 hours today, Tobin had to come with us. Shane watched Tobin in my mom's classroom during the tea. Poor baby cried the whole time. Pointing at the door. Crying, "Mama!" And even though it was probably the longest hour of Shane's and Tobin's life, I must say, it's so amazing to be loved and needed so desperately.

     Thankful for a special date with my girl. Thankful for her love and affection. Even on days when I don't deserve it. Thankful to be loved so desperately by my boy. I could hold him forever. He gives the absolute best hugs.












Addy's friend, Mason. Mason's mom told me he talks about Addy all the time. But this is the best thing he ever said about her: "I like Addy. She's loud and she yells a lot. She's my friend."





No comments:

Post a Comment