Thursday, May 15, 2014

500th Day of Blogging.

Project 365 * 4
Day 500












Cool bark. 

Reminded me of, "The Giving Tree."

Campers




Bark. 

A tree standing on one leg. 


Heart. 






Tree face. 

Pretty paths. 

Moby Dick. 


The trees have eyes. 



















     On this day, my 500th day of blogging, I couldn't be more thankful, more happy, or more proud. I spent the morning with a dear friend walking around Burke Lake Park. It was glorious. A cool wind blowing. The trees glowing green with life and soul. The water practically begging for us to come out on it. The tiny waves hitting the shore in the most inviting way. It was beyond peaceful. Beyond beautiful. Every few steps we would come upon a new little treasure. Bark. Ants. Spiders. Amazing trees. Flowers. Ferns. And all the while the leaves and branches were above us. The veins of the forest. Pumping life and inspiration. The trees, the sky, the fresh air...it awakens something in me. Something that until it has been awakened, I didn't know was sleeping. So thankful for my morning. And the trees. And the water. And the way the forest teems with life. Thankful for my sweet friend to walk and talk with. Thankful for ice cream dates with Adelyn, Casey, and my mom. Thankful for the way Tobin clung to me when I got home. He didn't let me out of his sight. Nothing feels better than that. To be loved so madly. Thankful for 500 amazing days. Thankful for the journey. I'm feeling excited about the next 500 days. And the next. And the next, after that. Because my days just keep getting better and better. And it's not because anything in my life is vastly different than it was before. It's because being thankful, and looking for the good, has changed who I am. It's my way of life now. I don't know another way to live. And I wouldn't want to. Being thankful has been one of the greatest things I've ever done with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment