Saturday, May 10, 2014

Perfect Timing. Family Days. Naps.

Project 365 * 4
Day 495

     Thankful for...

...perfect timing. Like this morning. I took the kids on a long walk, and then to the playground. We came home just as it started to rain. Also, I was super proud of myself for going out with the kids in the first place. The forecast was calling for thunderstorms. And it was pretty cloudy out, with some dark clouds off in the distance. I checked my handy radar and lightning tracker app, and saw that it was perfectly safe to go out. So I did. In the past, I would have stayed home just in case. I'm pretty awesome these days! :)

...fun family days. We spent our afternoon at Patty's visiting with family. It was loud, as usual. But fun. We did some special artwork with the kids. We had a lovely dinner. We exchanged cards and little gifts for Mother's Day. Family time is always a good time.

...naps before bedtime. I put the kids to bed, and then laid down in my bed just for a second. That second turned into a couple of hours. I woke up because I was hot. Like always. Then I came down to write this blog post. As soon as I'm done here, I'm going to back to bed. I love to sleep. Recently, I saw this shirt that read, "Dear Naps, I'm sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid." Uh. Yeah. Totally agree.

     Thankful for a fine morning with my children. Thankful for a fun afternoon with family. Thankful for this silent night. I'm ready to get my sleep on.



No comments:

Post a Comment