Friday, May 2, 2014

Pale Pink Is The Best Pink.

Project 365 * 4
Day 487

     I'm having a hard time concentrating on writing lately, so I'm going to list what made me happy today.

1. I have a new mini fridge for work next year. I told Matt that I would need one a couple nights ago, and the very next morning, a woman posted a mini fridge on a Facebook yard sale group I'm a part of. She was asking for $50. I offered $35. And I got it. Yay, me!

2. Tobin had a well check today, and had to get a shot. And afterwards, he held onto me for a very long time. He may be getting older, but he's still very a much a baby. I love to hold my boy.

3. Our gift to Patty this year for her birthday was a manicure and pedicure. So after lunch, we left the kids and husbands at home, and went to get our nails done. We both chose pale pink. Clearly, the most superior of all the nail polish colors. We also did a few other things. Some extra services to help us beautify. It was glorious. To be pampered like that. When we got on the road to go home, it was 5pm on a Friday. So instead of sitting in horrible traffic for an hour, we decided to go sit at one of our favorite restaurants for an hour. Delia's. An Otterstedt family favorite. We've been going there since I was in elementary school! It was so, so nice to have a meal uninterrupted. Free from requests, crying, spilled milk, spilled food, more crying, silly voices, silly words, so much noise you can't even see straight...stuff like that.

4. My little ones were so happy to see me when I got home. And even though it was so nice to get away, it's always nicer to come home. Especially with sweet little ones that greet me with smiles, hugs, kisses, and cuddles.

5. Tobin was having a hard time falling asleep tonight. He's always fussy after a shot. And he's got a tooth coming in. His last one! So I went in, gave him some gripe water, some advil, some sips of water, and changed his pajamas. Matt put him in footie pajamas, and Tobin hates them. He always fusses when he wears them. Then I stood and rocked him back and forth while singing his favorite lullaby. La, La, Loo. It was such a sweet moment. He was just staring up at me the whole time. His eyes wide open. Little tears still in the corners. He is seriously the most beautiful, perfect boy. When I finished singing, I kissed him, and he laughed. That little laugh was the sweetest little laugh I've ever heard.

6. Roxy missed me too, and she's been following me around since I got home. I'm in the bathroom, she's in the bathroom. I'm laying in bed, she's laying in bed. She's laying on top of my feet right now. As I write. So thankful to have such a sweet animal to cuddle and love.

     Thankful for an awesome day. Thankful for time away from home. Thankful for time with my sister. Thankful for time to do things to feel pretty. Thankful for our awesome dinner at Delia's. Thankful for my warm welcome back home. Thankful for so many cuddles today. Thankful for a warm puppy on my feet. Thankful for just so many things to be thankful for.



No comments:

Post a Comment