Friday, May 23, 2014

I went to the doctor's today and cried just about the whole time.

Project 365 * 4
Day 508

     My kids hate going to the doctor. And frankly, I don't blame them. So do I. I had to go to the doctor today, and I literally cried, no sobbed, multiple times. Also, I almost fainted. They had to bring in water and ice packs for me after I had my blood taken. Probably didn't help that I have been eating nothing but raw vegetables and protein shakes since Monday, but I hate getting my blood taken, so I probably would have almost fainted no matter what I had been eating. I came to a conclusion today. I am never, not for any reason, going to any doctor appointment alone, for the rest of my life. I mean, just waiting in that room in nothing but a paper cape is enough to drive any person mad.

     I'm not the kind of person that has a lot of patience for crying. I mean crying here and there, of course. But Addy crying because there aren't any pink straws left, nope. Tobin crying and kicking and hitting me because I have to change his poopy diaper, nope. But crying because you have to go to the doctor...now, that I understand. Sometimes, you just have to cry about things. Like doctor's appointments.

     Thankful that when things get rough, when life gets heavy, when we have to do things we are terrified of doing, we can just cry about it. Thankful for tears. They're kind of like a reset button.









No comments:

Post a Comment