Friday, March 29, 2013

A loyal, constant presence.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 87

     Dogs are one of God's greatest gifts, I believe. There is just nothing that compares to the love and companionship and loyalty of a dog that loves you.

     I've known Roxy since Day 1. I caught her coming out. My parent's dogs, Duke and Dixie, are Roxy's parents. She was one of ten black labs born that day. Because Matt was present for her birth as well, we chose her to be ours.

     She has been a loyal friend. A constant source of joy and sweetness in my life. She follows me wherever I go. She has always done this. But, there are certain days when it just hits me: there's this dog, who loves me, who thinks I'm the greatest, who follows me everywhere, who sits with me when I nurse Tobin, who lays in bed with me when I rest, who sits in the kitchen with me while I cook, who sleeps in the bathroom while I shower, who cuddles in bed with me every night...and she's mine.

     Thankful for dogs. Thankful for Roxy. Thankful that she is constant and loyal. I'm thankful she's mine. I'm thankful that she stays by my side. Literally, 24/7. She sleeps with me. She gets up with me. She stays up late with me. Eating popcorn and watching Parks and Recreation. She lays at my feet every single night while I write my blog posts. I'm thankful for her love. I'm undeserving.

Watching Adelyn.

Still watching.

Still watching...


Do my little turn on the catwalk...




Check out that hurt index finger :(

Sleepy.

Still. Watching.

So happy her Dada is home. He just got home from a 36 hour shift!



Not so happy.










Just sitting up, playing with a toy. No big deal.


No comments:

Post a Comment