Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Brave Stephanie and Sweet Grandma

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 78

     Stephanie had brain surgery today. She is way brave. Wicked brave. I was talking with Patty about Steph's upcoming surgery, asking her to keep Steph in her prayers, when we got sidetracked. We got to talking about what we would do if we were faced with the prospect of brain surgery. And both of us gave a definitive answer: No. We wouldn't do it. But not because we think it was the wrong decision. But because we would be scared out of our minds.

     As I was praying for Steph today, for everything to go well, and for her to have peace, this thought kept coming to my mind: she's brave. And well...she really was, wasn't she. She made the difficult and scary decision to have brain surgery. That takes guts. That takes bravery.

     So thankful that the surgery went well. Looking forward to seeing her soon! Thankful for her amazing example of bravery. I love acts of courage. As a person who struggles with constant anxiety, acts of courage inspire me. Thankful to have such an amazing sister.

     Grandma came to spend the day with us. It was a lovely day. (Apart from being worried about Steph.) We went out to lunch. We did a little shopping. We got frozen yogurt. Adelyn was so excited about having her Grandma over today. And how awesome is this: Grandma bought Adelyn her first pair of heels today.



     Adelyn calls them her, "glass slipper shoes." That girl is all girl. She loves everything girly. So, naturally, she quite enjoyed our shopping trip to buy her new shoes, a new princess dress, a new purse, princess gloves (with a ring), and princess books. Compliments of Grandma.

     Sweet Tobin got a cool, new puppy. He loves it. And, he loves Grandma.





     Thankful for this day. I'm thankful that Stephanie is okay and recovering. I'm thankful that even though we were crazy with worry, we were able to have a nice day. I'm thankful that Grandma lives close by now. And we can see her whenever we want. I'm thankful that Stephanie was so brave. I'm thankful that Grandma was so sweet to treat us to lunch, and frozen yogurt, and new treasures from the store. Thankful for family. Family is the best.

Shopping is exhausting.


My beautiful boy. Relaxing.





Addy's other pair of new shoes. She thinks these shoes are the best new shoes ever. She had to wear them out of the store.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I hope Stephanie is OK! Keeping her in my thoughts. Cute pics, as always :)

    ReplyDelete