Friday, March 15, 2013

Barbershop

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 73

     Ever since I can remember, I've always loved cutting hair. Or waxing.  Or shaving. Basically, all kinds of hair removal. I just love it. I was always trying to convince someone to let me cut their hair. Or wax them. When Shane was around two years old, I convinced him to follow me out to the back deck. There, on the deck, at like 8:00 in the morning, I proceeded to shave his head. Without my parent's permission or knowledge. They weren't too happy. And neither was Shane. Poor guy.

     When my cousins would come over, I would convince them, somehow, to let me shave their heads. I'll never know how I was able to convince them, because they were going through a rock star phase, and had purposely been growing out their hair. One visit at my house, and they went home clean shaven.

     So, I count myself so lucky that my husband has allowed me to be his barber. He even lets me trim his eyebrows. Which he hates, but I love. I first shaved his head not two weeks after we started dating in high school. And here I am, 13 years later, giving him his haircuts in our bathroom.

     I don't know why little things like this are special to me, but they are. The fact that I cut Matt's hair, and have been doing so for 13 years, and will continue to do so for the rest of our lives together...just makes me feel cozy.

     Thankful for the cozy feeling. Thankful for my sweet man. Who constantly amazes me, and continues to romance me after 13 years. So in love with him. Thankful for the little things in life. Little things matter. Little things like haircuts, at home, in the bathroom, for 13 years. Little things become memories. Memories become one's history. And history is important. It's who we are.




Tobin's reaction to Adelyn giving him a kiss.






No comments:

Post a Comment