Saturday, March 16, 2013

The Line in the Sand.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 74

     I was thinking about this for some reason today: not too long ago, someone upset me. It wasn't a little thing either, it was a big thing. And actually, I had every right to be upset with them. I remember telling Matt, it was as if this person had crossed the line in the sand. I was on one side, and this person was on the other.

     As I was thinking about this person, and the situation, and the line in the sand, I realized: it's sand. It isn't concrete. The line isn't permanent. Sand is not constant. It's always changing. Shifting. Rearranging. Becoming something new.

     This person crossed the line. That's the truth. That's a fact. This person hurt me. But sand isn't permanent. Neither should my anger and hurt be. Sand is constantly moving on. The line was only there for a few minutes, maybe.

     Thankful for new revelations. I'm also thankful for my sweet babes, who make me want to be a better person everyday. I want to constantly grow for them. I don't want to remain stagnant. I don't want to get hung up on things like lines in the sand. Especially because lines in the sand disappear just as quickly as they were drawn in the first place.










No comments:

Post a Comment