Saturday, March 9, 2013

Girl Talk

Project365 * 2 -- Day 67

     Addy's cousin, Ryleigh, came to visit today. What a pleasant day it was. Adelyn was so happy to play with a girl that she forgot all about her bad habits. Like her bad habit of screaming, "NO," at the top of her lungs when we ask her to do something. Or her bad habit of just screaming about everything in general. Literally. Screaming. Her ballet slipper falls off? Blood curdling screams. She's thirsty? More screams. She's tired? Screams. She doesn't want to share? Screams. Ah, the joys of having a very strong willed two year old.

     But this morning? Man...this morning was just lovely, thanks to Ryleigh. After Tobin went down for a nap, Matt and I did not know what to do with ourselves. We just sat back and enjoyed the noise of quietly playing girls. Which is such a huge difference from the noise of a screaming two year old. Seriously, it was a great morning.

     While we were at the playground, another little girl came to play with Ryleigh and Adelyn. She brought with her, a box of "My Little Ponies." As all three girls were looking at the ponies, it occurred to me that "girl talk" starts at a very young age. The conversation went something like this:

Ryleigh: "Oh cool, I love those."
Adelyn: "Oh wow! Look at this one! Ohhh. Ahhhh."
Little Girl: (to Addy) "I like your baby. She's cute."

     It was so sweet to watch. And it was at that point that another thing occurred to me. When I'm feeling stressed, or when I feel like screaming all the time...what do I do? I call up my girlfriends. Adelyn doesn't know how to call up some girlfriends. Hence, the constant screaming.

     Thankful that Adelyn got some very much needed girl time today. Thankful that sweet Ryleigh came to visit. Thankful that they had so much fun together. It made my heart so happy that Adelyn had a good day. So thankful to Ryleigh for making that happen. And bonus! I got to go on a date with my husband tonight. Thankful for my parents who came over to babysit.

So excited! Playing in the playhouse Ryleigh brought for Addy.


Playing with the sand table.


Playing with babies.



Tobin though Ryleigh was so pretty. He couldn't stop staring.

Still staring.

Still staring.

And...still staring.

Addy using her coat as a baby carrier again.


:)





Mid-sneeze.







Spring.


Tobin and Ryleigh watching a show.

Addy just as happy as she could be.



No comments:

Post a Comment