Friday, March 1, 2013

Remembering Bill

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 59

     March 3rd is Matt's Dad's birthday. Matt and I started the tradition of throwing a little birthday party for him every year. We have a cake, we sing, Matt blows out the candle, and we talk about why we miss Bill. Why we loved him. The things he did that made us laugh. Matt and I always talk about how he would have absolutely loved Adelyn and Tobin. And how so badly we wish he could be here to hold them, and see them, and know them, and love them.

     Thankful that we got a chance to celebrate Bill, tonight. Thankful that I was able to see my family. There is too much time that passes between visits with Sue, Steph, and Mario. Thankful we got to sit around, and laugh, and tell stories, and remember Bill. I'm thankful for Bill. Thankful for the sweet man that he was. Thankful that I knew him. Thankful that he loved me. I'm thankful that he and Sue raised such amazing children. Without Bill, my life wouldn't be what it is today.

     Missing you, Bill.















No comments:

Post a Comment