Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Because we missed it, here is your, "I love you because..."

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 84

     Today is Matt's Mom's birthday. Because Stephie is still recovering from surgery, we took Adelyn and Tobin over to my parent's house, while we celebrated with Steph, Mario, and Sue. We were having a lovely time talking after dinner when I received a phone call from my sister. She had gone to my parent's house for the day as well. I answered the phone, and I heard lots of loud crying and screaming. Through the garble, I heard that Adelyn had managed to get her finger in just the right position to be slammed in the sliding glass door. So, we had to leave the party to rush home to our Addy B, who really needed us, and maybe needed stitches.

     Adelyn's finger is okay, I'm happy to say. No stitches necessary. However, in all the hullabaloo, we forgot one of our most important birthday traditions: Affirmations!

     Not wanting the birthday girl to go without her affirmation on her actual birthday...

     ...Sue, I love you because you are such an amazing person. You are loving, and giving, and kind. You would give the coat off your back to help a stranger. You love your family. You love Adelyn and Tobin. You use the time you have off from work to spend with family. And your Grandchildren. You bless your family with special gifts and presents. With things you have made with your own hands. You are constantly concerned with the welfare of others. You put others first, before yourself. You are a loyal person. Even when people do not deserve your loyalty, you remain steadfast in your love for them. When your family is happy, you are happy with them. When your family is sad, you are sad with them. You love to have fun. You love to laugh. I think you are a wonderful lady. And I am blessed to call you family.









No comments:

Post a Comment