Thursday, March 21, 2013

The three of us + four more.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 79

     We got to hang out with Shane today. And after nap time, Patty, Casey, and Sophia came over. It always strikes me when there is an original part of our family plus our kids. Such a cool thing to hang out with my siblings, and our children. It's always crazy and loud. There is lots of screaming, and yelling. Even a punch thrown today. Adelyn clocked me right in the face. But, there is also lots of love. Lots of smiles and laughs. Lots of funny stuff. We love to be silly. And with kids, there's an excuse to turn up the silly even more.

     Thankful for family. Thankful that Shane and Patty remain among my closest best friends. I always wonder how families can just kind of fall apart. They stop talking. They stop hanging out. They stop being family. I'm thankful that it is just the opposite with our family. We aren't the kind of family that falls apart. I'm thankful for that. I'm thankful for such incredible love in my life. I don't deserve it.









 

Tobin was getting a bit peeved at this swing in this pic.





1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! You deserve it and more Christen. You are a good Mom, sister, daughter and granddaughter and we all love you very much. I used have a close relationship with my sister. We did everything together for years and years, she was my best friend. When our Mother died it was terminated because of the influence of others. I still love her and miss her and always will. I will always have the memories, no one can change that!

    ReplyDelete