Monday, March 11, 2013

Dada and Daughter

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 69

     There is something to be said about all the relationships within a family unit. The relationship between a mother and daughter. The relationship between a mother and son. Father and son. Sister and brother. Sisters. Brothers. They are all special. And father and daughter is no exception.

     Matt has been working a lot, and it makes Adelyn sad. When Matt is working, she talks about him all day. She looks out the window for him. She wants to call him. She'll do funny things. Like carry his slippers around all day. Today, I found Matt's slippers perfectly placed on a chair in her art corner. They were surrounded by all her favorite little treasures.

     When Matt came home today, Adelyn would not leave his side. At all. Not even to let Matt get changed, or use the bathroom. Before dinner. After dinner. She would not let him out of her sight. It was so sweet to watch. And of course, Matt eats it up. He can't get enough of her either.

     I'm so very thankful for the relationship that Matt and Addy have. It makes my heart full to see them playing, hugging, giving kisses, dancing, cuddling, having picnics...just them being together...I love it. I'm thankful that she's a Daddy's girl. I was, and still am. Thankful for my Dad. Thankful for Matt. What a great word: Dad.


First bites of sweet potatoes.



He's saying, "this is weird, Dad!"

Adelyn is not impressed.

Oh wait...now she is!


What a beauty!





Pictures I forgot to add from yesterday!







Little pond in my parents neighborhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment