Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The sweetest words.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 77

     Adelyn has started something new. When we say something to her like, "I love you," instead of her just repeating the same sentence back to us, she makes a new sentence. She thinks about what she wants to say for a few seconds, and then comes up with her own words. She did this several times today, and I can think of no sweeter words that I have ever heard spoken. And not just because of who was speaking them, or what the words were themselves, but because they were genuine. So genuine. The very definition of genuine.

     My favorite conversation went like this:

Me: Did you have fun seeing Grandma? And the Easter Bunny?
Adelyn: Mmmhmmm. I did.
Me: Wasn't the Easter bunny cute?
Adelyn: Yeah... (she's not sure about this one) Wow. It's windy out. So windy.
Me: Yes. You're right. It's windy out.   ...   I love you!
Adelyn:   ...   I love you so much, Mama!

     Tonight, as I was tucking Miss Addy B into bed, she asked for water. As she does every night. Tonight, I had forgotten to bring some water up with us, so I went down to the kitchen to get some. When I came back up, she said, "Oh, there you are!" She took a few sips of water, then looked up at me, and said, "Mmmm, oh thank you, Mama!" After prayers, kisses, hugs, cuddles, and Eskimo kisses, I turned out her light, and told her that I loved her. She caught my eye, and said again, "I love you so much, Mama!"

     I'm thankful for love. I'm thankful for Adelyn. I'm thankful for all her expressions of love today. And I'm thankful for all the sweet moments. I needed them.

We have a new puppy in the house. Adelyn pretends to be a puppy all the time, now.
We saw the Easter Bunny today.

It was exhausting.

While Addy slept, Tobin and I had some time together. Which is rare.

Still sleeping.




Still. Sleeping.

Showing off her new princess watch from Grandma.


Just eating some sweet potatoes.

He thinks his sissy is funny.




No comments:

Post a Comment