Thursday, March 7, 2013

My sweet Tobin.

Project 365 * 2 --  Day 65

    Tobin has started reaching out for things. Grabbing toys. Holding things. It is so sweet to watch. It is also hilarious to watch Adelyn watch him. She has begun to notice that he is no longer just a quiet baby who will be content to lay in my arms all day. Today, while Adelyn and I were having a picnic with her cookie jar, Tobin reached out, and grabbed one of the cookies. A blue square with the number 4 on it. Adelyn, looking very alarmed, snatched it out of his hands, and told him very firmly, "No, baby Tobin. That is Addy's cookie!" Of course, we had a discussion about sharing, but in the back of my mind, I'm thinking...it won't be long until he starts snatching things back from her.

     Another thing he has started reaching for is me. While I'm nursing him, he will stop almost every time now, catch my eye, smile, and reach up and touch my face. He likes my hair. He doesn't pull it yet, he just kind of moves his hands back and forth in it. I love when he touches my face. I love when he smiles and coos and talks to me. Especially on hard days.

     Thankful for Tobin. Thankful for the sweet touch of his hand on my face. And I'm thankful that it always comes just at the right time.

The elusive Casey boy. Difficult to catch a glimpse of his face these days. He's always running away!

Cousins, playing.






No comments:

Post a Comment